Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Perfect Geometry

Pink and brown is one of my favorite color combinations. That's why finding this top at the thrift store (for under 5 dollars, though I can't remember the exact price) was such a treat. I love it!

Though I've worn it a few times before with pants, I wore it today over a brown pleated skirt, slightly mismatched brown knee socks, and a pair of pink shoes in a shade a tad cooler than any of the pinks in the top. The contrast between my socks and shoes is kind of bizarre. I could stare at them all day. I just wish there weren't silver dots on the shoes. This outfit won't win any awards for color coordination, but where it really shines is in the shape department.

Take a look at the pattern on the shirt. It appears kind of wild and disordered at first, but then you start to notice the curved pathways and color blocks in oval shapes. Then take a look at the necklace. What's that? Oval shapes!



OK, so maybe I'm getting excited over nothing, but, while I usually succeed at making my jewelry match my clothing in color, this is the first time I've also been able to make it match in form!

No comments:

Post a Comment