Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Pretend it's still spring



Since we've had a few cool days in the last few weeks, I've been trying (desperately) to wear as many sleeveless outfits as possible before it's impossible.

Yesterday I was pleased to work in a brand-new (to me!) tank top that I got at a new (to me!) consignment shop called Uptown Cheapskate. While most of the stuff in that store was out of my price range, some of it lived right up to the store's name, and I was able to buy this shirt (marked down no less than 3 times) for $1.76!

The baggy khaki pants were just one of many pants I tried; I think I ultimately picked them because I liked the combination of colors best, but Style Tip baggy pants and baggy shirts do not make a good combination, and this shirt is baggy as they come.

Fortunately I had a solution for that: I cinched it at the waist with a belt. Said belt has actually been sitting unworn for close to two years. I bought it at the thrift store thinking it would be a great addition to my collection, but whenever the occasion arose to wear a pink belt, I found this one to be the wrong shade. Finally, with this new blouse, I was able to wear it, but then I ran into the problem of it being far too long! Fortunately I have a solution for that.

Style Tip  If your belt is too long, knot it around the buckle.


For accessories, I decided to bring more color into the mix with my giant purple earrings, and then I chose yet another shade of pink for the shoes. The pants dictated that I wear a 2-3 inch heel, so I was quite limited in options, but in retrospect, I wish I hadn't chosen the pink jellies, which conflicted with the pink of the belt. I wish it had occurred to me to try my seafoam green kitten heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment