Friday, December 16, 2016

W is for Winter White


After doing Fall Florals for F-Day, it was only natural for me to do Winter Whites for W-Day.

What makes winter whites different from regular old whites? Though you'd be hard-pressed to find "winter white" defined in the dictionary, there is a pretty strong consensus among the people who use the term that "winter white" refers to a color that's simply off-white. I like to include very light greys in my definition of winter white, but if you consult Pantone, the foremost authority on colors, you'll see they have given it to a very far-off-white shade of ecru.

Really, though, any white you wear in winter has to be winter white! And if you wear it with furry boots, it's as wintry as it gets! These boots are the last of my three Black Friday shoe purchases, and I waited with extreme impatience for W-Day so I could finally wear them. There's little I love so much as a furry boot in winter!

The boots really do fit the definition of "winter white," but the pants are just your average, everyday, pure white (and miraculously so, since I've worn them enough times that I'd expect them to have a stain or two by now).

The tank top is a nice creamy Pantone-approved winter white, and the cardigan, is, again, a "normal" white. I wore a white lace bracelet, and, to further support my "winter" theme, a pair of snowflake earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment