Thursday, July 27, 2017

It's never just black and white


My boyfriend's parents traveled to Indonesia recently, and all they brought me was this lousy pair of culottes! I jest, of course. I'm actually delighted with these pants—with their summery length, unusual skirt-like overlay, and bold diagonal white stripe, they are unlike anything else I've ever had in my wardrobe...except my white-trimmed black vest, which has enjoyed surprising longevity since its first appearance in 2012. I've thought numerous times of getting rid of it, and every time, I'm glad that I didn't, because I love it to pieces (figurative, thankfully!) whenever I wear it! With its white trim angling gracefully downward, it looked like it was practically made for these pants!
 
Is it a skirt?
Surprise! It's pants!
 
 While you can never go wrong with black and white, for me, the color combo is an invitation to wear my most brightly colored accent pieces. Today's color pick was lime green, in the form of some heeled sandals I got for $3.50 at the thrift store, a similarly colored beaded bracelet, and a tiny peridot necklace that originally belonged to my grandmother

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome looking outfit! I would have never guessed the vest didn't come with the pants! Incidentally, I am wearing mostly black and some white outfit today. I have spent this morning unhappy feeling like I am dressed for a funeral and was racking my brain on how I could have made it more summery. You answered my question!

    ReplyDelete