Tuesday, March 17, 2020

It's still St. Patrick's Day


St. Patrick's Day this year happened to coincide with Spring Break at the university where I work, so I was looking forward to having the whole day off and celebrating in American-Irish style—wearing lots of green, getting a group together, and visiting every pub in town.

Then the coronavirus arrived on our shores. Before long, every pub in town was closed, and getting a group together sounded like a very unwise idea. I could still wear lots of green, but what would be the point if no one would see me but my dog? He's color-blind!

I was all set to garb myself in my typical "house clothes," which are just a collection of miscellaneous loungewear that's a smidge less shabby than my pajamas, but I was feeling sad about it. For the second year in a row, I wasn't going to be able to get decked out and celebrate St. Paddy's (last year, I think I was driving all day).

Then it occurred to me: what is a fashion blog good for, if not sharing your style with the people who can't see it in person? Even if I couldn't wear my holiday outfit in public, I could at least show some holiday spirit online! It's still St. Patrick's Day, even if I'm a party of one!

 
So I gathered up my new (thrifted) shamrock shirt, topped it with a green cardigan (If you look closely, you can see that the sweater and the tee both feature a little subtle heart motif as well!), and finished off the look with some stylin' yoga pants! 
 
 
I just happen to have a Lucky Irish bed frame in my possession right now (um, if you want to buy it, it's currently on Craigslist!), so naturally I used it as the backdrop for my pictures, and added a leprechaun-scale mug of green faux beer (water and soap bubbles, guys; it takes more than 6 days of social distancing to get me desperate enough to actually drink beer!). Nothing like being confined at home to inspire an elaborate photoshoot!

If I'd been going out, I'd have probably worn jeans and added earrings, but if you're gonna stay home all day, you might as well be comfy! No shoes required in Valerie's Pretend Pub!

Sláinte!

No comments:

Post a Comment