Friday, April 17, 2020

Three more for Week Four

Tuesday

In my last fashion haul before coronavirus made trend-watching irrelevant, my mission was to acquire a full-length or midi-length cardigan, which I'd heard were making a resurgence. I loved them the first time around, but as is the case with most fashions, I never quite got one of my own.

Well, now I have one, just in time to never be able to wear it anywhere! Fortunately, long sweaters make great loungewear, so I paired it with some graphic leggings and a tank top for my Tuesday WFH outfit. I even pinned the top closed with a brooch—about the most effortful use of jewelry I've attempted since the start of quarantining.

Thursday

I haven't ever worn this sweater at work because I prefer to take full advantage of its lace-up sides. While I can close them tightly for a modest and office-appropriate appearance, I love them best when they're wild and undone. I wore a burgundy tank and matching leggings underneath, the dark colors of which contrasted delightfully through the openings in the sweater. I am running low on shoes that I haven't yet worn for quarantine, but I haven't run out! These off-white ones are one of the remaining holdouts.

Friday

Friday is casual day, and that means screen prints! I'm not opposed to graphic prints at the office generally, especially if they're traditional designs like flowers, but I'd typically save a big bold image like this one for a Friday—and I probably wouldn't wear this particular one at the office at all, owing to its extreme tightness. But it's fair game for working from home, and exactly what I needed to pick me up on this last day of this very long week (time seems to drag on unbearably when I never leave the house!). I paired the print with some fortuitously coordinated green leggings, and – the icing on the cake – leg warmers! I haven't touched my leg warmers in two years, but when I saw them in my drawer next to the leggings, I knew the time was right to bring them back!

No comments:

Post a Comment