Friday, April 3, 2020

Yay, more teleworking outfits!

If there's one thing I've learned from being a hermit for over 3 weeks, it's that I have a more substantial collection of loungewear than I ever thought possible.

Once I expanded the definition from "sweatpants and T-shirts" to include leggings and tunics, stretchier and wide-leg trousers, and casual dresses, almost everything in my closet became "house clothes."

There are a few things I haven't worn and probably won't (jeans, I'm looking at you!) and a few things I've tried that I probably won't again, but mainly I am coming to realize that I've been prepping for this disaster (at least sartorially) for most of the past few years.

Here's the culmination of all that work, in four of the five outfits I wore this week (Wednesday was more leggings and dress—been there, done that).

Monday

Last week, when I finally got off my leggings kick on Friday, I'd been planning to wear these khakis (pretty much my only pair of wide-leg work pants that doesn't require high heels), but I realized that would have been 3 days in a row of near-white pants! Unacceptable! I saved them for Monday and was pleased to find yet another pair of ballet flats to wear with them and the olive green sweater.

Tuesday

I always thought this pink polo shirt would be great for the office, but as it turned out, the length never worked with either skirts or looser pants, so it's got minimal use. But, it was the perfect topper for a pair of leggings! Finally I got to wear it for work!

Thursday

The bathrobe-looking wrap dress seemed like the perfect outfit for a home office, but I soon learned otherwise. In order to stay warm enough, I had to pair it with over-the-knee socks, which were constantly sliding down all day. I felt overdressed and, in fact, this was the only outfit thus far that hasn't survived an entire day. I gave up around 3pm and changed into yoga pants and a T-shirt. I'm thinking I might save the dresses either for summer, or whenever I get back to working in an office, whatever comes first.

Friday



The National Day Calendar informed me that today was "National Find a Rainbow Day," so I had to oblige.

I put on a rainbow sweater (and my stretchy navy blue cigarette pants) and "found" a rainbow behind a couple of mattresses. How ever did that get there? The house shoes today were a fun (albeit not particularly on-theme) reprisal of my llama shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment