Sunday, November 9, 2014

Flower girl


The pink shoes that I was so excited about two and a half years ago are starting to show their age, and I've been on the hunt for a suitable replacement. I wanted something that was a little less raspberry and a little more fuchsia. When I stumbled upon these pink floral heels on eBay for 13$, I decided the time was ripe.

Of course, as soon as they arrived, I realized I had probably made a mistake, seeing as the floral pattern really limits what kind of clothes the shoes can be worn with...and I'd wanted a versatile shoe that could complete almost any look.

Oh, well. No regrets is just one of many philosophies an Unfashionista stands by, so I set them in my closet and waited to see what kind of miracles I might work with them.

One chilly November evening, having procrastinated too long in picking out my clothes for the next day, I grabbed this grey dress with pink sleeves, thinking at least it would keep me warm in our frozen office but not be too hot come afternoon when the temperature was predicted to reach 68. I was going to wear it with boring grey booties, until I woke up in the morning and realized, under the harsh light of day, that the two shades of grey did not work together at all!

Then I remembered my pink shoes.

I almost put on some pink jewelry, but luckily I had the presence of mind to realize that there might be such a thing as too much hot pink. Instead I opted for simple silver, which opened up the opportunity to wear a matched set of rose earrings and necklace—roses being a none-too-subtle tie-in to the flowers on the shoes!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, flower girl you say? I think this would make a unique idea for a bridesmaid line.

    ReplyDelete