Monday, November 17, 2014

Once Wounded

Some of my favorite outfits end up being the ones I build around a pair of shoes.
 

One of my newest pairs is this cute little set of yellow low-heeled Ed Hardy wedge sneakers. Now, yellow is not a color I have a lot of (warm colors in general are quite underrepresented in my wardrobe), so I hesitated to buy them, but I ended up doing it anyway because, out of the three designs & color schemes available, these ones had a bird and didn't have a skull. They also feature a bleeding heart and the phrase "Once Wounded, Twice Shy", so I'm sure I'll have lots of use for them should I ever suffer from a painful breakup.

However, I'm not waiting for such an occasion to actually wear them, so I decided they'd be perfect for Trivia Night at the bar (this of course means bad lighting, so I'm sorry about the quality of the outfit photo!). The yellow shoes enabled me to finally use the yellow camisole that has been sitting with its tags in my closet for at least a year and a half (again, not a yellow person!), so I'm glad I got them. I am expanding my horizons left and right! So anyway, the yellow camisole needed a little something, so I covered it up with the lace top that is proving to be one of the most versatile items of clothing I own.

 
Then I put on some black jeans. This marks the third outfit in a row that prominently features pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment