Monday, December 3, 2018

Moonday


For the Monday of my fashion challenge this week, I had to wear an outfit that evoked "the moon." That was easy to take pretty literally, since I happen to have this brand new dress embroidered with an image of a fox contemplating the moon!

The dress is my birthday present to myself this year. Although I usually buy myself Birthday Shoes, this year when that special day rolled around, I still had two unworn pairs of Birthday Shoes from last year, so I felt it was time to take a break from footwear. Instead, I chose to gift myself some clothing, and the clothing I selected was The Fox and The Moon Embellished Cotton Knit Dress from eShakti. I was able to stack a couple discounts to get it relatively cheaply, so I decided to treat myself to custom sizing for an extra $9.95. 
 
The thought! Having a long-sleeved dress that actually accommodates my oversized shoulders! I was pumped! I sent them my measurements and got the dress in a few weeks, and then dutifully squirreled it away for the arrival of cold weather.

I have to say that I'm not sure the custom sizing was worth the price. My shape is pretty close to standard in every respect but the shoulders, but even after giving them my measurements, my shoulders stick out into the sleeves farther than the model's do.

The fit on the model
The fit on me after customization

Ongoing problems with my enormous shoulders notwithstanding, I am otherwise happy with the dress. For my $9.95 customization fee, I was able to request a wider neckline, which always does help minimize my shoulders a little, so I guess I shouldn't complain. The dress is warm and comfy and well made, and super cute!

For "Moonday," I wore it for the first time, pairing it with some star earrings (I tried moon earrings, but then decided one moon was enough) and the same light brown boots I wore the last time I had a fox on my clothes. Some things never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment