Thursday, December 13, 2018

Sweater / boots

 
So, I needed to get that hideous picture of me in curlers and pajamas off the top of my blog, and what better way to do it than with a pair of exciting new boots?
 
I've been seeing a lot of sweater cuffs on boots this year, and I'm here for it! When it comes to boots, the fluffier and cozier the better! Usually the sweater portion comprises a thick knit band that just peeks over the top of the boot. I've never seen a boot where the entire shaft was a sweater...until now!


These boots, at 14 dollars from Swap.com, are one of the more expensive pairs of secondhand shoes I've bought in a while, but I figure a warm, ornamental boot that goes all the way up the calf is worth its weight in...uhh...leather and acrylic! I didn't know they were real leather when I bought them, but they are, which means they'll have a much longer lifespan than synthetics and will probably be a great investment.

As a bonus, they even have a swath that looks like zebra print, which, among other animal prints, has been all the rage this year! I'm always excited when the un-trendy, anachronistic clothes I shamelessly wear happen to hit a couple of modern notes.

Naturally, I wore my sweater boots with a sweater sweater! Although my favorite part of the outfit was naturally the footwear, one of my colleagues stopped me in the hallway to admire my necklace, so altogether, I guess today's look was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment