Friday, November 23, 2018

These Boots

 

Boots with stars are quite overrepresented in my wardrobe, but my newest pair is special, because they're last year's second pair of birthday shoes! Yes, last year. Somehow I managed to wait a year and a couple months between buying these shoes and wearing them, because that perfect occasion I'm always dreaming of took so long to come.

Speaking of taking a long time, I'd been coveting these shoes without taking action for so long that when I finally decided to make my purchase, they were no longer for sale anywhere! After a brief period of mourning, I bought the Mojitos as a consolation prize. Shortly thereafter, I found a used pair on Poshmark, which I explains why I bought myself two birthday presents in 2018. I got these for 85 dollars (plus shipping), making them my cheapest pair of birthday shoes yet!

So anyway, cut to this past Wednesday, the day I finally decided to take these shoes out of hiding. Earlier in the day, I had made a theme out of "darkness," so in the evening, it was a total about-face when I returned to my much more typical M.O. of colors and sparkles galore. The reason for the reversal was karaoke.

I bet you didn't know this, but it's basically an unwritten rule in my book: if you're planning to sing karaoke, you should always plan to wear boots with stars on them!

The last time I blogged an outfit I planned for karaoke, it featured the star boots that I hand-painted.  Of course, that night, I never did sing karaoke, and the boots met their demise very shortly afterwards (lesson learned over the course of many crafting projects, including my Mothra wings: paint on a flexible nonporous surface does not last very long!).

But Friday night was a chance to try again. I was going to a pre-Thanksgiving live karaoke show, and the moment was finally right for glitter-coated boots with metallic shimmering pink stars all over them!


I matched the one non-pink star on the boots with an equally sparkly aqua tank top, donned a pair of white jeans, and topped everything off with some huge star earrings as well. I poofed out my hair like I only do for special occasions, and hit the road!


With all these stars all over me, it was time to act like a star as well as wearing them. It was time for karaoke!

And can you guess what song I sang?

"These Boots Are Made for Walkin'," of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment