Sunday, April 28, 2019

Coordinating my hair to my clothes


For the next phase in my hair color evolution, I wanted the aqua from my previous color to blend into a pure blue. But when I'm dyeing my hair, I never know quite what I'll get. As it happened, by the time I re-dyed it, the blue-green had faded to a straight-up green; meanwhile the fresh blue dye turned out more purple. Green-to-purple wasn't at all my intent, but it ended up looking totally rad (it is, after all, one of my favorite color combinations!), and is probably my most popular dye job yet (as measured by the number of unsolicited compliments it's received).

One nice thing about this quasi-purple hair color is that it still looks blue in the right lighting and next to the right clothes. The color is open to interpretation. So for today's outfit, it is unequivocally blue!

After all, it has to match my clothes, which are blue to the extreme—the blue jeans that I gussied up with a blue embroidery patch last year, and a long blue flowing split-sleeve top that I've had for quite a while but never blogged.

The outfit is my usual monochrome modus operandi, but the hair makes it special.

It sure was a windy day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your hair is getting long! I like it that length & those colors.

    ReplyDelete