Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The dark side of spring


Spring has arrived, springtimey weather is slowly trickling in, and that means it's time for spring outfits! Lots of greens and pinks and pastel flowers galore—you know, the kind of stuff I like to wear in September and December. Perversely, now that spring is actually here, I'm gravitating toward the somber palettes usually reserved for winter attire.

Today, it was forecast to reach 66 degrees, so I in turn reached into my closet and pulled out a pair of cropped pants I recently got at the thrift store. Green they certainly are, but not the celery green or grass green of spring. No, they are a dark forest green that's just a few shades away from black. The boots I wore with them are black, but covered with leaves and flowers, which is what makes them semi-seasonally-appropriate, even if the red and yellow of the roses is a more autumnal color scheme.

Now, I could have rounded out this look with any number of bright shades of green or yellow on top, but I was in a black mood. After trying all the options, I decided I preferred the unbroken darkness of a black camisole and black cardigan. Originally, I picked out a mid-length 3/4 sleeve one, but when I was getting dressed, I swung even more extreme and switched to this long-sleeved, long-tailed, inky cape of a sweater.

I liked the gothic vibes I was putting out, but I still needed a little color, so I accessorized with a ruby bracelet and a silver rose necklace. They don't match each other, but they both match the boots, so I hope they tie everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment