Sunday, July 26, 2015

Field of butterflies

 

I recently added a pair of straps to this formerly strapless green dress (stay tuned for the blog post on how). But even though it's no longer a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen, I still prefer to keep my shoulders a little less bare at the office.

Enter the butterfly scarf! Lightweight and summery, yet big enough to cover even the most scandalously exposed skin, it is the perfect addition to this breezy outfit.

Of course, butterflies always beget more butterflies—at least in my wardrobe (in case you're curious, I have no less than 11 pieces of butterfly jewelry), so adding on a butterfly pendant was a natural choice.
 

 Now it doesn't take much imagination for all these butterflies hovering over an expanse of green to evoke visions of a butterfly-filled meadow, so it's no great stretch that my next accessorizing moves all involved flowers. 

The pink floral shoes, which I'd been about to relegate to eBay because they're pretty hard to coordinate with anything, turned out to be the perfect – though somewhat garish – complement to my pastoral getup. And, though I could have gone with butterfly earrings as well, I chose instead to use more flowers.

And there you have it. I am now a walking screensaver!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment