Friday, September 6, 2019

A flat worse than death

In 2017, I claimed I "would rather die than wear sneakers when I could wear heels."

Cut to 2 years later, and I've downsized pretty much all my heels (I just counted, and slightly over half of the shoes on my shoe rack now have a rise of 2 inches or less) and am now making sneakers the focus of my OOTD. 
I suppose it was inevitable, with my office wardrobe getting more casual by the month, that sneakers for work would be a logical step in the progression. Would I still rather die than wear sneakers? Heck no! Especially not if they're (a) velvet, (b) bedazzled, (c) platform, or (d) metallic.

You're probably guessing what comes next: over the past year, I purchased sneakers in all of the aforementioned styles! I guess I accepted my fate as a wearer of athleisure footwear.

I have to say, for something that I formerly ranked below death in order of preference, sneakers have made me pretty happy.


These new blue ones in particular are quite comfy (my new gold standard for a great shoe!), flattering (I think it's the thick sole and fabric that help balance my foot proportions), and made of velvet! What's an Unfashionista not to love!?

I decided to wear my new cozy kicks on the first chilly day since spring (Forecast: 72°). Cold weather is always more tolerable when you've got new exciting clothes to keep you warm! The cropped pants paired excellently with the shoes, and the top, while nothing to write home about, rounds out the look with a variety of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment