Monday, February 17, 2020

Black / Hearts


Over the years, my Valentine's Day outfits have been evolving from simplistic single pieces in the holiday's signature colors to entire heart-themed getups.

The other thing they've been doing is getting more subdued in color. Last year, it was navy blue (and a super-subtle pink); this year at work, it was moody dark red almost entirely subsumed by black. But for Valentine's Date Night this year (which occurred 2 days after Valentine's Day, but still counts!), I took it to a new extreme by not wearing a single piece in red or pink!

That's right; for the first time ever, my Valentine's outfit consisted almost entirely of neutral colors!

The centerpiece of the look was this black skirt with white hearts, which I ordered on Swap.com for a cool $2.50 the last week of January, and which arrived with only a week to plan an outfit around. While I could have added a lot more color if I were so inclined, I was really digging the stark contrasts in all the black and white pieces I tried on (and I tried on a lot!). In the end, I went with black stockings, my newish white layered boots, and a white long-sleeve crop top.

I did manage to work in a tiny flash of color: blue heart earrings, which have actually been sitting around unworn since I wore their pink twins last year! It's about time they got some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment