Friday, May 8, 2020

Velvet leggings


Feast your eyes on another work-from-home outfit I'd never consider wearing to work-from-the-office....Because it features leggings as pants!

These blue velvet leggings are gloriously glam. As soon as I decided to wear them, I knew I wanted to wear them with black, for the starkest contrast possible with their shiny surface. I tried on every black top I own, but ultimately decided that my cape-like cardigan provided the drama factor I was looking for.

Ordinarily I only wear leggings with fully crotch-covering tops, but for these, I had to make an exception. The high waist and zipper closure was just begging to be noticed, and they didn't have the problems with excessive clinginess that makes most leggings too revealing. So I tucked my tank top inside and strutted my high-fashion stuff. The pom-poms on the shoes definitely added to the effect.

Now that I don't have any showplace for my outfits, I get inordinately excited whenever anyone sees them—anyone at all. Yesterday, I just about brimmed over with delight when my roommate complimented my leggings...in front of her mom, who happened to be visiting. An adoring audience of two! That's what Unfashionistas live for!

1 comment: