Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Fancy Pants

 
My search for the perfect wide-leg pants continues! This latest pair is probably my favorite find yet, because unlike the butterfly pants and the jade/gold ones, these pants are long enough to wear with heels, and unlike the navy palazzo pants, they are decorated with a veritable riot of colors! Ironically, these strengths are also their downfall, as they are so long, they drag on the ground despite my 3-and-a-half-inch heels, and the colors are so riotous, I had a dickens of a time finding a shirt that looked good with them!

I wore the cardigan most of the day to keep warm, but I much prefer the sleeveless look
that I sported once I took it off in the afternoon.
Ultimately, I decided on an unexciting white sleeveless blouse and white cardigan. I do wish I'd been able to find a necklace or different-colored sweater to break up the vast expanse of white, but I like to match. And as I've mentioned before, geometric shapes aren't really my thing, and the bold shades in the pants are somewhat lacking in my color arsenal. So I settled for a pair of earrings that at least included navy blue.

Despite all the challenges the pants presented, I'm really thrilled to have added them to my wardrobe. I can't wait to step further out of my color and pattern comfort zones to better accessorize them in the future. 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment