Thursday, February 14, 2019

A simple Valentine's look


Over the years, my Valentine's Day outfits have evolved from basic pink dresses to over-the-top themed ensembles with custom-made jewelry. This year, I'm taking a step back and embracing simplicity.

The downscaling is purely coincidental, since my newest holiday-appropriate clothing just happened to be a rather plain-jane navy blue blouse, but it's fitting, because I also didn't have any plans for the day. Yes, for the first time in 7 years, my Valentine's Day consisted of nothing more than going to work. So dull, so sad. So appropriate that I picked a blue top for this blue day.

I exaggerate the magnitude of my plight, of course. My boyfriend and I went out for dinner last night, and we exchanged Valentine's gifts this afternoon, so I can't claim that romance is completely dead.

But all the same, as far as holidays go, this one was shaping up to be as ordinary as they come, and my outfit was a reflection of that. The only reason you can tell it's a Valentine's Day outfit at all is that there are little hearts all over the blouse, and I wore these cute little heart-shaped earrings. And...my pants are pink.


I almost wasn't going to photograph this look at all, except that blogging my Valentine's Day outfit is practically a tradition now.

No comments:

Post a Comment