Monday, October 21, 2019

Better than before



Usually, the first outfit that I wear with a garment becomes my favorite outfit with that garment; there's no time like the first time, apparently!

But such is not the case for this black sheer dress dotted with hearts, which I wore for the first time this May.

Its second (or possibly third?) time around, I got to take advantage of the cool weather and try a little artistic layering. The purple cardigan is not only a perfect match for the purple shade of hearts in the dress; it also adds a little much-appreciated waist definition when fastened on the middle button.


Last but not least, I added a purplish-pink necklace, which perfectly filled out the open neckline of the dress. You might (not) recognize the necklace from the last time I remember blogging about it: over 5 years ago, when I wore it as a headband. It had faded and yellowed a little since then, so I decided to refresh it by dipping it in some pink hair dye. Though it ended up slightly more purple than I had intended, it was better than the unwearable shade it had been, and it turned out to be a great complement to this outfit!

And what an outfit it was! I didn't put a whole ton of effort into it, so I was surprised when I looked at myself in the full-length mirror at work and realized I liked what I saw! Much more impressive than the last time I wore this dress; everything involved was better than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment