Saturday, January 18, 2020

Big ol' boots

 
Wide-shaft boots are one of the fashion trends I've been informed are bubbling up this year. I don't know if these gargantuan white foldover boots fit the category, but whether they do or not, I'm glad I got them.

Ever since my last two pairs of white dressy boots bit the dust, I've been craving a replacement. In an attempt to keep my shoe collection under control, I tried to make various other shoes stand in their stead, but eventually I accepted that there is no comparison to a sophisticated, high-heeled, pure white boot.

They are surprisingly hard to find, though. When I searched online, my findings were almost totally limited to ankle and mid-calf boots. There were a few taller options, but they were mostly described as "bone," which is not the optic white my aesthetic sense required. I hesitated long and hard before investing in this oversized, rather oddly shaped boot I found on Shoedazzle...but the actual name of the style is "No Regrets," and it proved to be true.

I love these boots. They are just the kind of maximalist footwear I live for, but even with their over-the-top silhouette, they are solid in color and texture, so they go with pretty much everything (except midi skirts—too chunky for that!).

Today I wore them with my Friday uniform of late: skinny jeans and a sweater (now that skinny jeans are on the "classic" end of the fashion spectrum, I've been finding them the perfect choice for casual days at work). This outfit is almost a reproduction of "Lavender Fields" from 2 years ago, except I'm wearing purple pants instead of pink and these new white boots instead of the older ones. What can I say? When it works, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment