Saturday, March 7, 2020

National Dress (in Blue) Day


Not too long ago, I subscribed to the National Day Calendar. My motivation? It's just plain fun to have something random to celebrate at any given time...but I also figured it would help give me occasional inspiration on what to wear. Boy, did it not disappoint on March 6, when it informed me that it was not only National Dress Day (every March 6), but also National Dress in Blue Day (first Friday of March). Two clothing-related observances for the price of one! Naturally, my outfit for this Friday, March 6, simply had to involve a blue dress!

The pickings were slim. I had only two blue dresses to choose from: this one and the one with the fox and moon. The cutesy imagery on the latter, I was sure, would detract from the overall concept of "blue dress," so I went with the former.

The dress alone didn't give me much to blog about, with its simple structure and striped design, so I turned to layering for some added interest. This black tuxedo vest was the missing piece. Long a staple in my collection, it rarely makes an appearance in my outfit, but when it does, it always looks snazzy. I loved what it did for this look, somehow giving a plain T-shirt-dress a touch of style.

National Dress Day exists purely for the fun of fashion (it was invented by a fashion designer), but National Dress in Blue Day is supposed to raise awareness for colon cancer, so I would be remiss if I didn't remind you to eat your fiber, and get your screenings if you're over 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment