Saturday, April 11, 2020

Three for Week Three

This week, since it seems like teleworking is going to be my life for at least the next month, I decided to make getting dressed a little easier.

I divided my closet into two sections: clothes I'm likely to wear at home, and clothes I'm not. Here are 3 outfits that made it into the first category.

 Tuesday

As I learned last week, a dress can seem a little too try-hard for teleworking, so I was suspicious that a skirt would work any better. But Tuesday was National No Housework Day, and I decided a fussy outfit would be the perfect thing to prevent me from accidentally starting to clean something.

It worked! I did no housework that day, and I also did not feel too overdressed. I think the secret to wearing dresses and skirts while maintaining a casual vibe is to stick to boho, earthy styles.

Wednesday

On Wednesday I dressed for the weather, which was supposed to top 70 degrees. That meant the second of the two tank tops I reserved for layering only, with a cardigan over it.

I was planning a lunchtime bike ride to run an errand, so I thought  the cropped pants would save me from having to change my outfit.

What I neglected to consider was that after returning, I was sweaty and in need of a shower, and felt compelled to change my clothes in case they had picked up any germs while I was out.

So another lesson learned: Don't bother trying to make your work-from-home clothes also work in the real world. You're going to have to change out of them anyway.

Thursday




It's hard to find comfy knit pants that aren't also super tight and clingy, but these red and black ones make the cut! That means I can wear them with a shorter top (I'm getting mighty tired of leggings with tunics, which were my other two outfits this week!).

I covered my perfectly coordinated burgundy tank top with a black cardigan, and I've never felt more stylish yet comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment