Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Super-vague-hippie-punk half-rainbow!


Over the past few years, I've kind of let my hippie sensibilities fall by the wayside, but lately I've been jonesing for some long flowy skirts! I got this one (as part of a dress) at a 3-for-50$ sale from ShoeDazzle, which comes to 10$ for the dress if the shoes were counted at 20$ each.

I was disappointed by the fit and the seam that falls smack-dab in the middle of the bottom tier of the skirt (in other words, it's barely worth what I paid for it, and would have been a total let-down at its full price of $39.95) but at least it allows me to indulge my love for millions of colors and sky-high shoes (it is the only long skirt I have that's long enough to not look stupid with heels)!

The dress itself brings 4 colors to the mix. I added another shade of aqua with the shoes and yet another with the shrug, and added one more shade of purple with the necklace.

The shrug, I discovered, looked kind of cute with its ties tied into separate bows and worn loose. It was vaguely reminiscent of the hippie vests of the 60's, albeit shorter, and vaguely reminiscent of the sort of punk crop tops of the 80's. The shoes bore no resemblance to anything hippie, but definitely have a punk vibe with their zigzag soles. The hair, refusing to cooperate in any way, was finally drawn into messy pigtails in a look that was also sort of vaguely hippie.

Look at the teeth on those soles...
And look at the angle of attack on that zipper!
No wonder they scraped all the skin off my heels
the last time I wore them! Now I wear them with
the zipper half-unzipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment