Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The tunic strikes again



This slinky tan top with the carved hem (the same one I featured in my last post) is one of my favorite eBay lot pieces. It is the only tunic-length top I have that works with a skirt as well as with pants. For this outfit, I wanted to see how it would pair with an especially full skirt.

As it turned out, the length was just right, but the skirt caused the shirt to flare out above the waist, making me look especially wide. A skinny belt over the waist solved that problem.

I then debated whether I should wear light colored shoes to go with the tunic or black ones to go with the skirt. Ultimately I decided on black because ... Style Tip Wearing shoes that are the same color as your bottoms, even if there is a gap between them, unifies your lower half and makes you look taller!

No comments:

Post a Comment