Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It isn't easy wearing green...corduroys



The fashion authorities seem to have mixed feelings about corduroy pants, always assuring you that they're not tacky any more, you can wear them; and advising you to throw away your notions of huge corduroy bell bottoms from the 70's. I, for one, never had that notion, but reading all the cautious advice makes me feel like wearing corduroy is taking a fashion risk.

Nonetheless, how could I resist corduroy when it comes in the color of a beautiful spring day? I've had these pants a while and worn them a couple of times, but mainly in outfits that involved throwing a sweater over them and running out the door.

This is the first time I've worn them in a carefully composed, blogworthy outfit. And how do I wear them? With a tunic and a long pendant just like a hippie who would have worn huge corduroy bell bottoms from the 70's! Sigh. I'm so bad at taking advice.

Nonetheless, I like my the hippie aesthetic, and I played it up with rainbow beaded bracelets, colorful earrings, and a braid. The only sad thing about this look was that the poorly made medallion had sharp metal bits that kept snagging on my shirt, and I took it off before lunchtime to preserve the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment