Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Wishful springing


We've had a pretty mild winter here in Maryland, but then we were hit by freezing temperatures followed by a blizzard halfway through January, which kept us buried in snow for almost a week. Winter arrived late, but it certainly arrived! As you surely know, I hate winter, so I was pleased when the temperatures rose back up into the 50's this week (it's supposed to be 65 tomorrow!). I'm sure it won't last, but today's outfit is a celebration of the early arrival of spring!

I started with a desire to wear something green. And because I have a lot of skirts and dresses planned for the rest of the week, I thought it would be a great day for my green corduroy pants. With such a punchy color on bottom, I usually feel it's wise to go muted on top. So I wore my beige blouse.

The feature that probably makes this outfit is the addition of yellow as an accent. I have a pair of yellow shoes that I bought in the fall, during a sale-shopping spree I immediately regretted (four pairs, at 20 dollars each, my maximum price, what was I thinking!?). I had yellow shoes once. I found I hardly wore them, but then once I sold them, I wanted yellow shoes again. This time, I'm hoping the lower heel, lack of satin, and absence of ankle strap will make them more wearable. To prove that they are, I decided to pair them with my green pants—if the pants weren't punchy before, just take a look at them next to lemon-yellow shoes!

Of course, yellow and green pants and shoes can mean only one thing: yellow and green jewelry! It is just my luck that I have this yellow and green butterfly necklace, which came with matching earrings. It was the perfect accessory to tie the whole outfit together!
 
 

1 comment: