Thursday, September 28, 2017

Leafy Greens


Yesterday it hit a high of 87 degrees, which was the kind of glorious weather I don't expect to see much more of this year. Of course, I keep saying that. But this time, it's the last few days of September, and it's a lot more likely to be true.

So with that in mind, let's enjoy one last ode to summer with a light and bright, green leafy dress!

This dress has been worn once since I got it at the thrift store over the summer. Although I really love the fit and the pattern, its neckline originally stymied me, as it had those annoying little short ties that are meant to make a cute bow at the bottom of the neck, but more often than not just stick straight up and make you look like you never learned to tie a knot.

Rather than having a lopsided bow ruin my day, I crossed the two ties over each other and hand-stitched them back along the neckline, for a lower-maintenance, but still frilly look. Can you tell that the neckline was altered? I kind of like it this way!

Feeling a bit lazy after all that work, but wanting to wear shoes that were distinctive in some way, I decided on these flatform sandals, which are low enough to be comfortable but high enough to be interesting, in spite of being beige.

So long, summer!... For real, this time?

2 comments: