Friday, June 15, 2012

Feminizing the Housecoat

I brought out the housecoat for another run. As you may recall, the last time I wore this article, it was with jeans, so I wanted to girl it up and try it out with a skirt this time.

Since it does feature tiny blue flowers, I really wanted to wear it with my blue tank top, but alas, I just couldn't get the blue and the brown and any of my skirts to play nice together. I think this jacket would look stunning with a bright blue sheath dress underneath, but alas again, that is one thing my wardrobe lacks (or in fact, any sheath dress of any color) so I made do with multiple pieces in varying shades of brown.

This was also an opportunity to wear these root-beer-brown shoes I bought months ago - months! - and have been dying to wear! They don't exactly match anything I'm wearing, but with so many shades of brown in this outfit, I think I can get away with it. And they are so cute!

Style Tip They say ankle straps shorten your leg, but what they don't remember to say is they also shorten your foot, especially if they sit just below your ankles as these do. And a shortened foot is nothing to sneeze at if you happen to suffer from big feet!

For this flattering reason, I love these shoes, and also for their soft fuzzy texture, but I have a feeling I won't love them for long, as the fuzz is already wearing off the back of the heel and the tip of the toe.

My repeated attempts at reshaping this housecoat have rendered it too small to wear buttoned, but I think it looks pretty good with just one top button closed and the rest of it free to blow in the wind!

1 comment:

  1. I totally love this. I would wear it with a thousand necklaces.

    ReplyDelete