Monday, March 11, 2013

Go Brown!

I never thought I'd get excited over an all-brown outfit that prominently featured tapered pants, but if there's one thing I've learned from writing this blog, it's that you should never say never.

When I planned out my outfit on Sunday, it featured a dress, but I was so unenthusiastic about that, I had to rethink it. What I came up with made me so excited, I could hardly wait for Monday to arrive!

Yes, I was trembling with anticipation of wearing khaki pants. I guess partly the excitement was due to the new shoes, which I purchased for a mere 5$ (to finally replace the vegan shoes that proved unrepairable over a year ago). And partly the pants, which, even though they are plain old khakis, are new enough to be exciting. Plus I'm still feeling my way around the idea of pants that are wider at the top than the bottom, so this conservative outfit felt, to me at least, like a style experiment!


I did wear a blazer over the top of it, at least for my bike ride into the office, but I then proceeded to hang the blazer on the back of my door all day and leave it there when I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment