Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Retail Therapy for the Winter Blahs

Q: What do you do when you're sick to death of cold weather, but it just won't go away?
A:
Buy more winter clothes! A wardrobe refresher can make even dressing like an Eskimo fun again!

Yesterday, I had a simple shopping mission: get some croissant dough for a potluck. While I was out, I saw that Rainbow had dropped the prices on their winter shoes down to 10 dollars (more on that later!), so I had to stop in.

And I left with this dusky pink swing cardigan. It's a style I'd been contemplating adding to my wardrobe for a while, and when I found one for 5 dollars, I knew the time was now! I also bought a tan one, but after I took it home, I realized I have a lot of tan overlayers, and I'll probably return it the next time I'm out.

Assembling an outfit with this cardigan in it was a simple case of maximizing the monochrome—I wore it with a pink tank top and pink shoes. All are slightly different shades, but they pair up nicely.

I tried every pair of pants imaginable: black, khaki, and grey, but ultimately went with the dark brown because it contrasted with the pastel shades of the sweater while complementing its neutral hue.

I also had a go at wrapping the base of my ponytail with my hair, like they do in all the hairstyle tutorials. Let me tell you, it's harder than they make it seem! My wrap had fallen out within 20 minutes, and after 2 attempts at redoing it, I gave up.

Oh well, at least I had a nice sweater.


1 comment:

  1. A little retail therapy always makes my day brighter. I really like the pink sweater, it looks versatile.

    ReplyDelete