Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Jelly / Fish


With a brand-new fish-covered dress in my wardrobe and a brunch cruise down the Potomac River on my social calendar, I knew I had to combine them for a cheesy, aquatic-themed Sunday afternoon.


Subtlety is not my middle name. That's why I chose a very large pair of earrings shaped like fish!
If the flashy dress and outsized thematic earrings weren't enough indication that I was trying to make a spectacle of myself, the shoes should have ended the question. I wore my my pastel pink jelly shoes with glitter inside for only the second time. 

When it comes to pink and glittery, my motto is the more the merrier, so for my inevitable need for sun protection, I employed a matching pair of shades.
That's my handsome brunch date enjoying his bottomless mimosas with me.
I feel like this is the kind of outfit Ms. Frizzle would wear for an undersea adventure. Sadly, my own adventure never took me off the deck of our luxury riverboat, but did you know Ms. Frizzle's first name is also Valerie? Maybe a magical schoolteacher career is still in my future! Until then, I'll just have to settle for the shores of Washington D.C.
I'm on a boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment