Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wednesday: Web Development Nerddom Meets Unfashion

Normally, I would not consider an outfit comprised mainly of a souvenir T-shirt to be the epitome of classy office attire.

So why am I devoting a whole post to it? Well, I'm not...not really. But I am beginning with it.

You see, on Wednesday, a group of us who had attended DrupalCon (that's the conference I alluded to a week ago) made a short presentation to others who had not attended DrupalCon. And those of us presenting wore our DrupalCon T-shirts.

It is worth mentioning that I had ordered a women's large, because women's T-shirts notoriously run small, but when I picked mine up, it was equally as big as a men's large. I traded it in for a medium, which still needed a little taking in. Since I did work my alteration magic on the shirt, I suppose that alone warrants it a spot on this blog.

But the real reason I'm posting today is to show you the earrings I wore. I picked them up during one of my post-conference shopping excursions. I was casually looking for earrings, but when I saw these, I knew I had to have them because of their uncanny resemblance to the Drupal logo!

Drupal Logo
My Earring
Amazing, isn't it?!

Besides being the perfect souvenir of a conference, which – unlike the T-shirt, for example, doesn't scream out, "She got me at a nerd conference!" – it also features a seagull, which is one of my favorite creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment