Sunday, May 18, 2014

International Fashion Week: Japan



Last year, I saw this nifty print on a dress on eBay. Actually, numerous dresses. It was being sold by bunches of different sellers in bunches of different styles, but after several months of watching and waiting, I finally saw it in my price range (only $11). I especially liked this version because it had a pastel background that really emphasized the wave.

I have always enjoyed this classic piece of art, so I am delighted to have it on my very own piece of clothing! Oddly enough, even though I've seen this picture oodles of times, I never noticed it contained boats until I got the dress. So today's outfit is not only a fashion statement, but also an educational experience!

In case you were unaware of all the details, as I was, the picture on the dress is "The Great Wave off Kanagawa," a woodblock print by Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai.

No comments:

Post a Comment