Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Is that you, Aunt Jemima?



My latest technique for covering up my blond roots is to wash my hair daily with dye-infused shampoo. It makes the blond darker, but it doesn't completely cover it up, so on with the head coverings for me! Today's is a plain pink bandanna (homemade from a damaged bedsheet) that I tied into a simple wrap. I picked it because it was the same color family as the shoes, which I picked because their brown soles went with the dress. One of people in my building was quite enthusiastic about the shoes, which made me reconsider my decision to sell them after this, their second public appearance.


There's not really much else here to note except that the earrings also feature the same berry shade, and that I'm wearing a nice set of brownish metal bangles I got for 75¢ from the thrift store.

I thought if this outfit made me look like anything, it made me look like a gypsy. I certainly did not go into it intending to channel Aunt Jemima, but such is the assessment I got from my coworker, and I'd be remiss if I didn't report other people's reactions to my ensembles. What do you think? Would I look at home on a syrup bottle? And should I keep the shoes?

1 comment:

  1. If you HAD to be compared to a syrup bottle, I would say that you look more like Mrs. Butterworth. She had the golden top that would match your roots.

    ReplyDelete