Monday, February 16, 2015

Pinka Dots



I thought black shoes with pink Lucite heels would be an easy thing to work into an outfit, considering my love of that particular color combo, but I neglected to consider the limitations of dressing for winter. Pumps tend to take a backseat to boots during January and February, so they were actually several months on my to-wear list before I got to don these spectacular shoes. And it was only after a good amount of hard thinking that I finally came up with an outfit that would showcase them properly without letting me get too cold.

The surprisingly simple solution was black leggings. They are a neutral color that can be worn under almost any dress, and because they end at the ankle, they call attention to the shoes, rather than letting the shoes blend into the leg the way a pair of black full-footed tights would.

I chose the white polka-dotted dress because 1) I've only worn it once since I got it and 2) It was a nice neutral color that wouldn't detract from the focal point of the outfit. And then, for a little bit of unity and so the heels didn't stand out like a sore thumb, I added a matched set of pink jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment