Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Future fallen stars


Yet another eBay shopping failure, I bought this dress for $5.86 because I loved the star pattern, even though I wasn't sure I liked the silhouette.

Sure enough, when I got it in the mail, I confirmed that I still hate blousey waists, and the skirt with the longer front and the shorter sides was weird and unflattering. I have plans to convert this dress into something that looks better on me...but there is a good chance that I'll ruin it in the process.

So I thought I would at least wear it just once, as-is, so that the spectacular stars get to shine for a moment before they meet their potential demise.

I did my best to define the waistline by belting it (I actually bought this belt for a dollar to wear with a trench coat, but found that the colors did not match. I thought about getting rid of it but decided I'd keep it only to use as a yoga strap. I'm glad I did, because it was just what I needed to improve this outfit!), but I still feel pretty dowdy in this dress.

And what's the point of trying hard when you're already feeling dowdy? So... flip flops on the feet, my best I-don't-care hair, and...well...I couldn't resist wearing my star earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment