Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Ultimate Green and Purple

 
My favorite color scheme is back in action, here to help me make the most of the last day of our January warm spell (which was yesterday. Sad face).

 I started with a green crinkle blouse that I (of course!) removed the shoulders from. I don't buy clothes with the express intention of making them open-shouldered, but it's the easiest way to make a too-small shirt look good on me. This was another one that I thought looked fine when I first tried it, and only realized it fit terribly after it was too late to return. Opening up the shoulder seam fixed every problem with the blouse, making it fit better across the top and even making the sleeves longer when they had previously ended at an awkward spot right above my wrist.

The lightweight fabric and the open shoulders were perfect for a warm day (high of 65!), and I paired them with an above-the-knee skirt, the better to let my legs finally breathe.

After choosing the key pieces, I kept piling on the green, choosing olive green ankle boots and a green necklace. As much as I wanted to let my legs breathe, I felt that they were missing something—perhaps a boot topper!

My old purple and olive leg warmers, turned out to be just the ticket for tying together the two colors in the outfit! I don't think I've worn these things since 2015, but I'm always glad when I can find another novel use for them.

I've been blogging up a storm this month (making up for a painfully slow December and November), but I think this is my favorite outfit of the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment